Create a User
You can create a user within your vCloud Director organization.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Organization Administrator role or an equivalent set of rights.
- From the main hamburger menu, select Administration.
- In the left panel under Access Control, click Users.
- Enter the following information:
- Enter a user name and the password setting of the user.
- The minimum password length is six characters.
- Select whether to enable the user upon creation.
- Choose the role that you want to assign to the user. The Available roles menu consists of a list of predefined roles and any custom roles that you or the system administrator might have created
- (Optional) Enter the contact information, such as name, email address, phone number, and instant messaging ID.
- (Optional)Enter virtual machine quota for the user.
- The quota determines how many virtual machines and running virtual machines the user can manage. Select Unlimited if you want to provide the user with an unlimited number of virtual machines.
- Click Save.
The rights associated with the predefined vApp Author role allow a user to use catalogs and create vApps.
Console Access Only
The rights associated with the predefined Console Access Only role allow a user to view virtual machine state and properties and to use the guest OS.
The rights associated with the predefined vApp User role allow a user to use existing vApps.
A user with the predefined Organization Administrator role can use the vCloud Director tenant portal or the vCloud API to manage users and groups in their organization and assign them roles, including the predefined Organization Administrator role. An organization administrator can use the vCloud API to create or update role objects that are local to the organization. Roles created or modified by an organization administrator are not visible to other organizations.
Defer to Identity Provider
Rights associated with the predefined Defer to Identity Provider role are determined based on information received from the user's OAuth or SAML Identity Provider. To qualify for inclusion when a user is assigned the Defer to Identity Provider role, a role name supplied by the Identity Provider must be an exact, case-sensitive match for a role, or name defined in your organization.
The rights associated with the predefined Catalog Author role allow a user to create and publish catalogs.