Creating a Volume from an Image
You can create a persistent volume from an image that can later be used to create an instance. Let’s walk through that process now.
The workflow to create a new volume from an image is as follows.
- Navigate to the Volumes & Snapshots section.
- Click + NEW VOLUME:
- From the dropdown, select Image:
- Select the image you wish to use:
- Provide a name, description and size for the new volume.
- Create any metadata tags you may want to associate with the volume. It is safe to skip this option.
- The volume is ready to use when the status changes from creating to available:
Be sure to check the flag to make the volume bootable.