Veeam Failover Plan Configuration
Failover plans allow for quick 1-click failover orchestration of the VM(s) replicated to DSM’s VCC. VM’s must have already completed one successful replication to be added to a failover plan.
- From the Veeam Backup and Replication menu bar, select Failover Plan > Cloud VMware:
- Enter a name and description for the failover plan:
- Click Add VM to select previously replicated VM’s to include in the failover plan:
- You will be presented with a list of replication jobs from which to choose. Select the VM to include.
- Once all the desired VM’s have been added, click Next >
- Now we need to modify the remote network. Typically, this will mirror the clients existing LAN network.
- Highlight the Cloud Network and click Edit:
- Enter the Client’s existing LAN default gateway.
- Verify the gateway settings and click Next >
- Now we will assign the public IP address to use during a full site failover.
- Select the replicated VM to assign a port mapping to:
- Select an available IP from the Public IP address: drop down list:
- Continue the Public IP Address Mapping configuration.
- Verify all port mappings have been configured and click Next >
- Verify the summary information is correct and click Finish: