Veeam Replication Job Creation
To create a replication job utilizing the DSM Veaam Cloud Connect Service Provider established in the previous steps, perform the following actions.
- Launch Veeam Backup & Replication Console from the Client (Source) location:
- Log into Veeam Backup & Replication Console with the appropriate credentials:
- Select Replication Job > Virtual machine… from the top menu bar:
- Enter the following for the replication job:
- Click Add to select a VM to add to the replication job:
- Select the VM(s) that you want to add to the replication job:
- Apply any exclusions required.
- Enter the destination information for the replication job by clicking Choose… > Cloud Host…
- Select the Client Replication VCD listed under the DSM Service Provider.
- It should default to the appropriate vApp and Storage Policy. If you need assistance with a more complex vApp configuration, reach out to your assigned Cloud Engineer for assistance.
- Map the source VM network to the Cloud VM network.
- Assign both the Source network and Target network to the appropriate VM network mapping. This will be unique to your implementation.
- Verify the Network mapping is correct and click Next >
- Modify the Repository for replica metadata to suite client needs.
- Select Notification tab.
- After configuring Advanced Job Settings, click Next >
- Specify data transfer settings.
- Select Enable application-aware processing if VM’s being replicated require application-consistent backups.
- Configure an appropriate schedule for the replication job.
- Review the summary information and verify the settings are correct.
In this example the only configuration change we will make is to remap VM networking.
E-mail Notifications must be enabled globally, available under Menu > General Options.
WAN Acceleration is only available in Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Plus Edition
If your backup job is configured to be application-aware then the replication job should typically also be configured to be application-aware.