Veeam Replication Job Creation
To create a replication job utilizing the DSM Veaam Cloud Connect Service Provider established in the previous steps, perform the following actions.
- Launch Veeam Backup & Replication Console from the Client (Source) location:
- Log into Veeam Backup & Replication Console with the appropriate credentials:
- Select Replication from the Top Menu Bar:
- Enter the following for the replication job:
- Click Add to select a VM to add to the replication job:
- Select the VM(s) that you want to add to the replication job:
- Verify that the size looks correct and click Next:
- Enter the destination information for the replication job by clicking Choose… > Cloud Host…
- Select the appropriate hardware plan listed under the DSM Service Provider:
- It should default to the correct datastore. If there are multiple datastores allocated to the hardware plan and you are unsure which to choose, reach out to your assigned Cloud Engineer for assistance.
- Map the source VM network to the Cloud VM network.
- Click Browse…
- Select the Source Network:
- Select the Target Network:
- Verify the Network mapping is correct and click Next >
- Modify the Repository for replica metadata to suite client needs.
- Select the Notifications tab:
- Select Send e-mail notification to the following recipients: and enter a monitored email address so replication job notifications can be reviewed.
- Select either:
- Select Enable application-aware processing if VM’s being replicated require application-consistent backups.
- Configure an appropriate schedule for the replication job:
- Review the summary information and verify the settings are correct.
E-mail Notifications must be enabled globally, available under Menu > General Options.
WAN Acceleration is only available in Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Plus Edition
If your backup job is configured to be application-aware then the replication job should typically also be configured to be application-aware.